Who am I?
Thank you for choosing Magpie Editing! I’m Michelle Browne, also known as “SciFiMagpie.”
I’m a Top-Rated editor on Upwork, with five years of professional editing, fifteen years of writing, and six years of my own publishing experience.
What do I do?
My services are comprehensive, including:
- developmental editing
- content editing
- line editing
- substantive and stylistic editing
- ghostwriting enhancement
- coaching (great for new or aspiring writers!)
- basic advice on publishing
- query letter and synopsis packages
Honest but gentle, meticulous, and considerate: I catch subtle typos, close plot holes, and flag continuity errors. Contact me today, and I’ll make your prose glow.
I have a special focus on diversity and diverse fiction, and extensive experience with science fiction, YA, and romance in particular. I have written and published multiple novels, created and published multi-author short story anthologies, and successfully submitted stories to other multi-author anthologies.
In addition, I have provided ghost-writing services to develop outlines for a number of publishing companies; my clients range from independent (“indie”) authors to many small presses and publishers, as well as pen name companies.
You can find out more about my writing (and editing!) at the following sites:
All genres of fiction, including:
- short stories and anthologies
- literary fiction
- women’s literature
- historical fiction
- thrillers, horror
- mysteries, noire, detective stories
- LGBTQ/Queer fiction
- fantasy (including urban fantasy and paranormal)
- science fiction (all subgenres)
- romance (all subgenres, including erotica)
- African-American fiction (all subgenres) and Urban fiction
- Young Adult fiction (all subgenres)
- Middle Grade fiction (all subgenres)
- genre-crossing fiction, ‘difficult to classify’ works
Some nonfiction, including:
- informational or “how-to” texts
I also provide query letter, blurb, and synopsis-writing services!