What are my manuscript requirements?
I accept manuscripts of between 1000-200,000 words. I edit fiction of any genre of any genre, and occasionally take memoirs and self-help. If you are interested, please contact me. I’ll reply within a week (traffic permitting) with a critique and my thoughts. If you like what you see, I’ll let you know what my current projects are and the expected turnaround time.
How much will it cost?
- $3.00/1000 words plus $20/hr for beta-reading and developmental editing
- $4.50/1000 words for substantive or copy/line-editing
- $20/hr for coaching and advice on writing and publishing industry-related information
- $10 for back cover ‘blurbs’ (plot summaries)
- $40 for query and synopsis packages
I accept payment via Paypal invoices. Installment plans are available!
How long will it take?
My current turn-around time is 1-2 months, subject to change, and depending on traffic rates. I try to answer emails within three days.
What kind of editing style do you use?
I edit documents in Microsoft Word, using the Track Changes and Comment functions.
My personal style is warm, honest, and often colloquial. You will know about your book’s strengths, not just areas for improvement. I’m patient and will go over a section more than once if needed. Editing is a collaborative process, and I’m here to help! I want to make sure my authors feel able to achieve their dreams.